Ginger has a long history of medicinal uses for a healthy body and mind. Ginger root is one of the healthiest spices. Originating in China, this flowering plant contains gingerol, one of the active components of this textured spice. The flesh of the ginger may be a variety of colors from red, yellow, or white, while the outside has a light brown thick skin. This spice is not just for reducing nausea or adding a kick of spice to your recipe; ginger has benefits extend to the external as well.
Ginger’s Skin Benefits
- antiseptic properties which fight acne
- stimulates circulation
- fights dandruff
- antioxidants which help aging skin and environmental damage
- stimulates hair growth
- contributes to hair sheen
Ginger Hair Oil for New Hair Growth
Ginger stimulates blood circulation which is wonderful for also stimulating hair growth. Blood flow brings added nutrients and oxygen to the surface, nourishing the scalp and hair follicles. This ginger-infused oil is easy to make at home and can be applied 1-2 times a month.
GINGER HAIR OIL
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the olive oil on low heat and add the grated ginger. Once the ginger turns brown remove from the heat and allow to cool. Once cool, strain the ginger out of the oil. You’ve got yourself ginger infused hair oil! Apply to the scalp for 5-10 minutes and then rinse thoroughly, follow with shampoo and conditioner.
- You can substitute the freshly grated ginger with 1-2 drops of ginger essential oil to simplify the process even more.