The beautiful weather this past weekend in NYC has had me thinking about summer. I can’t wait till the warm weather gets here so I can put away my coat and boots. But I know the summer will be here before I know it and all I can think about is summer dresses, sandals, going to the beach and of course going out to eat & drink. So I was thinking about a fun recipe that people of all ages could enjoy on a hot summer day. I thought of a Raspberry Peach Iced Lemonade, which you could totally make boozy if you like. I think they are refreshing flavors and I personally love half & half (iced tea and lemonade mixed). Below I have a recipe for Raspberry Peach Iced Lemonade.
For the tea
- 4 green or black tea bags
- 4 cups of boiling water
For the Lemonade
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 8 large lemons)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, optional
For the syrup
- 1 cup (225g) of sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) of water
- 4 peaches, sliced
- 1 cups (120g) of raspberries
- Fresh peaches and raspberries
- Brew your tea for the directed amount of time on the box, usually no more than 4 minutes or it will go bitter. Leave the tea to cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make the syrup
- Add sugar, water, peaches and raspberries to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and stir to keep the fruits moving and crush a little to help release some juice.
- Once the sugar as dissolved, remove from heat and put the lid on the pan, steep for 30 minutes. Remove the fruit (save for another use if you like) and leave to cool. Store in the fridge.
To serve the iced tea lemonade
- Add the cold tea and lemonade to a large jug or pitcher. The add the peach and raspberry syrup and stir well. Add ice and peaches and raspberries.
- Recipe is easily doubled to serve more people
Hope you enjoy this recipe