On the weekends I love to do beauty regimens , such as face masks. So I thought I’d share this recipe for a Mocha Mud Mask that is a power-packed anti-aging treat for your skin
Cocoa powder delivers tons of anti-aging antioxidants. It contains flavonoids that help the skin retain moisture, an essential ingredient for glowing skin, as well as copper, iron and magnesium. Cocoa’s antioxidants help repair damaged skin, and it contains the compound xanthine that may help prevent sun damage.
Not only does cocoa contain powerful natural plant compounds, but it also has been proven to help lower blood pressure and boost your mood. Look for dark chocolate cocoa powder (sometimes called cocoa) for the most benefits.
And let’s not forget the skin benefits of coffee and clay.
Not only do coffee grounds make for inexpensive exfoliation, but the caffeine in fresh grounds provides other skin benefits, like reducing puffy eyes. Coffee will cleanse and exfoliate, firm and tighten skin, and even give you an energy boost.
Fairly common and easy to find, Bentonite clay is made of volcanic ash and can be extremely effective in pulling out toxins and impurities from the skin.
- 1 teaspoon finely ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Bentonite clay
- Combine ingredients in a non-metal bowl and stir together with a wooden spoon.
- Add enough water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply to face and chest with clean hands.
- Relax for 15 minutes. If the clay dries before 15 minutes go ahead and remove mask.
- Rinse mask and gently massage coffee into skin to exfoliate.